Wednesday, June 15, 2011

June 12, 2011

Met Christine at Leif Erickson trailhead in Forest Park at 6:30 p.m. Ran 5 miles up and 5 miles down at a great pace. Christine has taught me that there is joy in training on hills and I intend to use that information to carry me on my training for Portland. I expect to make my way back out to Leif too – hopefully to run with someone again early like that. Running with a buddy helps get up those hills. I felt really strong afterwards. Christine wanted to go get a latte after the run and I was worried that I might cave and have a coffee – but I didn’t. Luckily the coffee shop also made really great just fruit smoothies and that was what I got. Also got a small fruit cup which was yummy (pears, blueberries, strawberries, the usual.) I think it’s key to point out that my running was strong after being raw for 12 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment